Here are five ways to hang curtains without damaging walls or window frames:
- Use 3M Command Hooks.
- Use Kwik-Hang Curtain Rod Brackets.
- Use Tension Rods.
- Get Creative With Coat Hooks.
- Try Magnetic Rods on Metal Doors.
How Do You Hang Curtains on Cinder Blocks?
- Hold the curtain rod in the desired location.
- Select the appropriate size masonry drill bit depending on the size of masonry screws chosen.
- Put on safety glasses or goggles.
- Secure the masonry bit in the drill, and drill a hole at the location marked on the cinder block wall for the curtain hardware.
How do you hang fabric on a cinder block wall? Pull the top of your fabric over to the next furring strip and tack it in place. Pull the bottom edge over and tack it as well. Place upholstery tacks every 6 inches between the top and bottom tack on the furring strip to hold the fabric in place. Continue attaching your fabric until the entire wall is covered.
Can you mount to cinder block? Adding a mount to a cinder block wall isn’t difficult but it does require a specific set of tools to allow you to get through the concrete and stabilize the mounting space.
How Do You Connect Two Cinder Blocks Together?
They are typically installed with mortar between them. This mix holds them in place and once the mortar dries, they do not move at all. Cinder blocks can also be glued together with a strong construction adhesive.
How Do You Hang Curtains on a Cinder Block Wall?
- Step 1: Measure Where to Hang the Brackets.
- Step 2: Mark Holes for Hanging the Curtain Bracket.
- Step 3: Check for Correct Masonry Bit Size.
- Step 4: Drill the Screw Holes.
- Step 5: Secure Screws in the Anchors.
- Step 6: Drill in the Screws.
- Step 7: Attach the Rod to the Brackets and Hang the Curtains.
How do you hang curtains on a cinder block? Remove the curtain rod and level. Trade the masonry bit in the drill for a screwdriver bit. Attach the curtain rod hardware to the wall by placing a concrete screw through the hardware and into the hole, and use the drill to secure the screw. Place the curtain rod back on the hardware.
How do you hang things on a cinder block wall? Mounting putty is a sticky, clay-like material that comes in sticks or cubes. It’s rolled into balls by hand and used as a substitute for pushpins or tacks. Mounting putty is especially good for cinder block walls because it is thick enough to fill in cinder block’s bumpy surface.
How Do You Hang Curtains on a Brick Wall?
Use cement screws to mount curtain rods on brick walls. Exposed brick walls can lend enormous character to a room, but they also pose a problem every time you want to hang art, decorator items or curtain rods.
6 Renter-Friendly Ways To Hang Curtains Without Drilling Into Walls
- Use Temporary Command Hooks.
- Hang Curtains With Tension Rods.
- Order Custom Compression Shades.
- Make a Faux Roman Shade.
- Buy Twist & Fit Curtain Rods.
- Suspend Curtain Rods from the Ceiling.
Can you hang curtain rods without drilling holes? Dowels and sticky hooks and the beauty of using a sticky hook instead of drilling holes in the wall is that if you decide the curtains look too low or too high, you can move the rod and hooks without any damage.