If you are using a 70% isopropyl alcohol you need to change the proportions to this:
- 7 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of 70% isopropryl alcohol.
- 2 teaspoons aloe vera gel.
How Do You Make Hand Sanitizer Spray with Isopropyl Alcohol?
DIY Hand Sanitizer Spray (alcohol-based)
- Ingredients. 75 mL isopropyl alcohol (minimum 60%) 5 mL witch hazel. 5 mL vitamin E oil.
- Instructions. Using a basic kitchen scale, combine all your ingredients. Mix and pour into two 2-ounce spray bottles. Use when needed on your hands to disinfect.
- Notes. Shake well before each use.
How do you make hand sanitizer with 70% isopropyl alcohol? With 91% isopropyl alcohol, you need 2 parts alcohol to 1 part aloe vera gel, or a 2:1 ratio. When using 70% isopropyl alcohol, you will need 9 parts alcohol to 1 part aloe vera gel, or a 9:1 ratio.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Spray Recipe
- 2 oz. Spray Bottles.
- 2 tbsp 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol)
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel.
- 5 drops Tea Tree Oil.
- 10 drops Orange Essential Oil.
Can You Make a Sanitizer Spray with Rubbing Alcohol?
Diy disinfectant just get yourself a clean spray bottle and add 1 cup of plain water and 1 cup of rubbing alcohol. If you want to up the antibacterial properties, you can add in about 20 to 30 drops of a powerful essential oil like lavender or tea tree, both have antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Can i put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle? Homemade disinfectant mix 2 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part water in a spray bottle, and use it to disinfect points of contact and other germy areas. You can even use it directly on a cotton pad to clean your earring posts, thermometers, and any other personal items.
Can I Mix Alcohol with Glycerin?
Mix 12 fluid ounces of alcohol with 2 teaspoons of glycerol. You can buy jugs of glycerol online, and it’s an important ingredient because it keeps the alcohol from drying out your hands.
What is glycerin and alcohol used for? Overview. Glycerol is a naturally occurring alcohol. It is an odorless liquid that is used as a solvent, sweetening agent, and also as medicine. When glycerol is in the intestines, it attracts water into the gut, softening stools and relieving constipation.
Can i mix glycerin with hand sanitizer? Hand sanitizer that’s less than 60% alcohol will not be effective. You can also increase the alcohol content to about 68% by combining ¾ cup of 91% or higher alcohol with ¼ cup of aloe or glycerin. Aloe or glycerin helps prevent the alcohol from drying out your skin.
How to Make Hand Sanitizer
- 4 cups of isopropyl alcohol, also called rubbing alcohol (99%)
- ¼ cup household hydrogen peroxide (3%)
- 4 teaspoons glycerin, sometimes called glycerol.
- 1 cup distilled water (or water that has been boiled and cooled)
- A clean plastic or glass container that can hold around 8 cups.
What does glycerin do in sanitizer? Glycerin (or another gel) “the purpose of the gel is to make the product easier to carry around, so people have it when they need it, slow the evaporation of the alcohol so it stays on the skin long enough to work well, and to make it gentler on the hands,” morse says.